Our friends at Fauna are hiring a Head of UX/UI
Location: Remote or based at HQ in San Francisco
Fauna is a remote-first employer based in SF. We work diligently to create a remote experience where every team and individual thrives.
We believe in creating a product that is intuitive, directive, and streamlined, and we are looking for someone to help us achieve that. As Head of UX/UI at Fauna, you will guide the overall look of Fauna products, as well as research our user's needs and experiences to design workflows that enable each user for success. From web interfaces and dashboards, to a user's getting started experience and Fauna's website, you will investigate user needs, make crucial design choices, craft a cohesive style, and be responsible for the process and setup of all of user experience and user interface design at Fauna.
You will work with Product, Marketing, Sales, and Engineering to collect user personas, set up user experience research, apply your findings to the design and development of user interfaces and other product features, and translate product designs to marketing and sales collateral build a united overall feel.
Want to know more? Fauna is a post Series A startup offering the most secure, transactional NOSQL database. We're backed by Point 72 Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), CRV and many more.
- Be responsible for the user experience of all user interactions (both technical and not) of Fauna products
- Build intuitive graphical user interfaces which allow veteran users to work efficiently and empower beginners to learn and understand our products
- Work with our Product, Marketing, and Sales teams to understand our customer personas and their needs
- Use qualitative and quantitative research to inform design decisions
- Advocate for the user and user-centered design at Fauna
- Build and prioritize your backlog of work, using company and Product roadmaps to choose your best course of action
- Develop a UI style guide for Fauna products
- Assist our Marketing team with Fauna’s brand identity, visual style guide, and the design of our website, blog, and other collateral
- Constantly learn about Fauna and FaunaDB
- Experience crafting information rich and complex technical user interfaces
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and surface data patterns through visual/interactive representation
- A dedication to following a problem/user driven iterative design process
- Ability to quickly test ideas via design prototypes and MVPs
- Proficiency with Sketch, Affinity Designer, Figma, Creative Suite or other design tools
- Web skills to prototype web interfaces; knowledge of HTML, CSS, or equivalent
Fauna's benefits include fully paid medical, vision, and dental insurance, company sponsored life insurance, unlimited vacation time off, and a remote-first focus empowering you to invest in the things that matter most.
Fauna is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our company is committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for our employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Questions? Get in Touch with the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hiring? Contact us for Sponsored Job Postings! Your job listing will reach UX Night School’s diverse network of UX talent, including developers, designers, researchers, and community leaders in PDX and beyond! What’s more, your sponsorship supports UX Night School’s community-based projects and scholarships, and ensures growth and development for the next generation of User Experience professionals.